We can sell your house in less than 60 days gauranteed!
Tips For Decorating Your Home this Holiday Season
The holiday season is upon us, a time of year when we all dress up our homes to celebrate the season. Here are some useful tips when decorating your home with lights!
Reduce Holiday Lighting Energy Waste:
- Watch your usage: Leaving holiday nights on overnight wastes energy and increases electricity costs. Lower your bill this winter and cut energy waste by turning off your holiday lights before you tuck in for the night.
- Use a timer: Do you forget to turn off your holiday lights? Purchase and pre-set a timer to turn on and off your lights so you won’t have to remember!
- If you’re spending the holidays away from home: Make sure to turn off your holiday lights for vacations and visits away from home. You’ll save on your energy bill and cut energy waste while you travel.
- Upgrade to LED lighting: When it’s time to replace holiday lighting, choose LED lights, which waste less energy, exert less heat, and will help reduce your electric bill.
Stay Safe While You Decorating:
- Keep it simple: Never plug too many strands of lights in one outlet. Spread the lights evenly with extension cords and outlets around the exterior of your house to prevent fires and blown breakers.
- Safety first: Test your holiday lights before you hang them on your home. When you are ready to dangle the holiday lights, make sure your power is off to keep you safe and sound this holiday season.
- Clip on: Skip using nails and screws that will leave marks or holes in your roof. Use clips or staples instead to put up your lights. Not only are they easy to use, it will make taking down your lights at the end of the holiday season much easier!
- Use the right lights: Make sure all lighted outdoor decorations are UL approved and marked for outdoor use.
- Stay safe outdoors: Don’t overload extension cords or run them through puddles of water or snow. Outdoor lighting should have insulated electrical cords.
For more useful information: http://www.crpud.net/residential/efficiency-programs/efficiency-tips/holiday-lighting-tips